Breakfast Recipes? Do I Really Need To Learn How To Cook Breakfast?
It is said that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. You need a good strong breakfast to get you through your day and although you can find a healthy cereal bar or eat your toast on the commute, there are lots of quick, easy and healthy breakfast recipes that will help you start your busy day with a smile.
These are 4 Recipes For Quick Breakfasts:
1. Start your day with a smoothie. They’re quick, refreshing and very healthy! The best thing about a smoothie is it is 100% tailored to your taste buds preferences. You can put in all your favourite fruit or veg and know that you are starting off your morning healthily and with no added stress. Here at Aflete, we’re big fans of a quick smoothie so we have some great ideas and recipes for you. Click here for our avocado smoothie recipe and here to find out the best ingredients for a morning smoothie.
2. find a small plastic container with a lid and chop up your favourite fruits into small slices. Strawberries and bananas always go well together. Pour some yogurt over the top, Greek yogurt goes fantastically with strawberries and even add some of your favourite nuts if you like. Pop on the lid and off you go. This healthy and fresh breakfast is great to take on your commute. It’s tasty. It’s healthy. It’s quick. It’s exceptionally easy, barely any effort goes into making this breakfast so there is no reason to be skipping an important meal.
3. Porridge can seem rather dull and lifeless, but that doesn’t mean there is any room for improvements. You can do anything with porridge, even make it slightly less healthy if you wish by stirring in some Nutella. Don’t worry, we won’t tell anybody. Again, chop up some fruit and add it to the porridge or just mix in some honey to give it that extra sweet taste. If you struggle with gluten, there are many different types of gluten-free porridge to satisfy you. Waitrose does their own gluten-free porridge and Glebe Farm’s gluten-free porridge is absolutely heavenly.
4. It’s debated as to whether crumpets are good for you or bad for you, but either way, they taste pretty awesome! As long as you don’t go spoiling them with lots of butter, crumpets aren’t the worst things that you can have for breakfast. Spread on some peanut butter for protein and potassium, then slice up some fresh avocado and place on top. Simple and quick, it’s perfect for someone who is in a rush to leave the house.
5. If you have time, scramble up some eggs and put it on some whole-wheat bread or an English muffin with a good amount of smoked salmon. Add some cherry tomatoes, cucumber and grated carrot on the side for something extra. Smoked salmon is great for mornings, but this quick recipe can be used morning, lunch and dinner.
If you want more on healthy breakfasts, check out our interview with Ksenia, the woman behind Breakfast Criminals, here.
Don’t skip breakfast, it’s the best meal of the day and a good, healthy breakfast can change your day entirely.
Keep tuned for some great recipes, but if you want more more more and want it now, check out our app where you can find plenty of healthy recipes. Download it from the app store free today.